UK-Israel Summer School 2018 on NanoScale Crystallography for Bio and Materials Research
18-19 June, 2018, Tel-Aviv University
* Student travel scholarships are available *
The joint UK-Israel workshop is devoted to crystallographic characterization required for nanotechnology research. The event provides a balanced view of nanoscale structural characterization for both life sciences and materials science. The scientific program is based on nano-scale characterization by electron microscopy (TEM and SEM) and related methods. It is intended for the global research community including students, young scientists as well as trained scientists and engineers intended to enlarge their skills. The two days will include invited tutorial and application lectures, scientific ‘techno-bites’ and student poster presentation. The school will take place prior the Annual Meeting of the Israel Society of Microscopy (ISM2018).
The workshop is supported by the British Council, the Marian Gertner Institute for Medical Nanosystems and by the Tel-Aviv University Center of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
The meeting is expected to provide a wide scientific network for the workshop attendees. We hope you will join us at Tel-Aviv University for sharing new research opportunities!
Lia Addadi (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Zahava Barkay (Tel Aviv University)
Roy Beck (Tel Aviv University)
Amir Berman (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
Ben Britton (Imperial College)
Bart Buijsse (FEI)
Dominique Delille (FEI)
Keith Dicks (Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis)
Alexander Eggeman (University of Manchester)
Nadav Elad (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Michael Elbaum (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Rivka Elbaum (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Finn Giuliani (Imperial College)
Semen Gorfman (Tel Aviv University)
Sarah Haigh (University of Manchester)
Yaron Kauffmann (Technion Institute of Technology)
Amit Kohn (Tel Aviv University)
Louisa Meshi (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
Stavros Nicolopoulos (NanoMegas)
Elena Orlova (Birkbeck College)
Inna Popov (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Uri Raviv (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Chaim Rosenberg (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Aimo Winkelmann (Bruker)
Angus Wilkinson (University of Oxford)
Rong Yu (Tsinghua University)
Raz Zarivach (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
Emil Zolotoyabko (Technion Institute of Technology)
- Amit Kohn (Tel Aviv University)
- Zahava Barkay (Tel Aviv University)
- Ben Britton (Imperial College)
- Amit Kohn (Materials Science, Tel Aviv University)
- Zahava Barkay (Materials Science, Tel Aviv University)
- Yaron Kauffmann (Materials Science, Technion)
- Assaf Gal (Life Sciences, WIS)
Please click here.
Academic Credit Point
One academic credit point will be provided from the department of Materials Science and Engineering or Chemistry at Tel-Aviv University for graduate students from materials and life sciences participating in the workshop.
- Online Registration
- Applicant Payment Forms (Please complete first the online registration)
Please select one of the following options:
- Israeli Participant - NIS 200
- Non – Israeli Participant - $55
- Participation in all sessions
- Lunch and light refreshments between sessions
- Invitation to the Get Together
Malka Brander, Hall of Justice (Kes Hamishpat hall)
Tel Aviv University
Students Travel Support - For International Students
- International Travel Grants are available (Accommodation and Partial flight funding; pending registration and approval).
- Applications should be received by15 February, 2018
- Priority to poster presenters – please indicate in your request whether you would like to present a poster.
- To apply, please send a CV and Advisor recommendation to email@example.com.
- Registration fees will apply to all participants
For additional information, please contact: Mickey Shenhar
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org