New Nano Building
In May 2015, Tel Aviv University has secured the funds for a new building for the Center. Below is a list of milestones towards the establishment of the new building.
- May 2015 - Process begins.
- June 2015 - Location is finalized.
- June 2015 - Strelka Institute is hired to lead the competiton process.
- August 2015 - Domark (http://www.domark.co.il/) is hired to prepare the performance specification.
- August 2015 - Kick off meeting at TAU - Initiating the design competetion process with the Strelka team
- Kick off meeting, Tel Aviv University, August 20, 2015
- October 2015 - Competetion announced
- International Architectural Design Competition announced for new Tel Aviv University building (Link)
- Shortlist Announced for Nanotechnology Building in Tel Aviv (Link)
- March 30-31 2016 - Final proposal review, London, UK
- Three Finalists Announced for Tel Aviv University Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Center Design Competition (Link)
- (זוכה פרס פריצקר לאדריכלות נשר מהתחרות לתכנון בניין באוניברסיטת תל אביב (הארץ (Link)
Competetion conclusion, London, UK, March 31, 2016
- May 2016 - Competetion is concluded and the winning design is announced (Link)
- Michel Remon Wins Competition for Nano Building at Tel Aviv University (Link)
October 2016 - Initiating the design process with Alexis Peyer, Denis Ovize, Yaron Grant and the entire design teams.
- October 2017 - Deatiled design begins
- January 2018 - Roman Abramovich revealed as $30m. Tel Aviv University donor (Read More)