The Center supports several international programs


Tel Aviv University-Northwestern University Nano Initiative

The program aims to bring together scholars, scientists, engineers and students from TAU with their peers at Northwestern University for exchange and research in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology. To facilitate a robust synergy and cross-fertilization of ideas among American and Israeli researchers, with a view toward advancing R&D, which could lead to economic growth in both countries.

The program support:

  • Post-Doctoral Fellowships
  • Student Exchange Visits
  • Annual Nanoscience and Nanotechnolgy Workshop
  • Joint Research Grants

Tel Aviv University-Northwestern University Post-Doctoral Fellowships:

Post-Doctoral Fellowships will bring young researchers who are in the completion stages of their Ph.D. research at Northwestern to conduct their post-doctoral research for a two-year period at TAU – as well as providing reciprocal fellowships to enable TAU Ph.D. students to pursue post-doctoral research at Northwestern. Four talented young researchers – two from each institution -- will receive fellowships that enable them to spend two years conducting novel research at the respective partner universities. The fellowships will be partial in nature; that is, they will cover approximately 75% of the total cost of post-doctoral research. The remaining 25% of the costs will be covered by the principal investigators of the hosting laboratories at the TAU Nano Center, as a means of demonstrating their commitment to the success of the Fellowship recipient.

Applications should include:

  1. Student’s CV and publication list
  2. 2 letters of recommendations
  3. Invitation letter from the hosting PI
  4. An applicant statement briefly describing his/her career plans

Tel Aviv University-Northwestern University Student Exchange Visits

Six graduate students – three from each partner institution – will attend reciprocal visits of up to several weeks at the partner university. The goal will be to expose participants to new technologies, to the transfer of scientific knowledge, and to other forms of collaboration in the nanoscience and nanotechnology sphere between laboratories at Tel Aviv University and Northwestern University.

Applications should include:

  1. Student’s CV and publication list
  2. A letter of recommendation by student advisor
  3. Invitation letter from the hosting PI.

Tel Aviv University-Northwestern University Joint Research Grants

The program will support several projects each year. Project selection will be performed jointly by the TAU Nano-Center and Northwestern University, drawing on the expertise of a selection committee comprising expert TAU faculty members and following a call for research proposals at both institutions. Grants will cover proof of concept costs, such as prototyping and certified testing.

For each support program a final report will be submitted one month after the completion of the program. The support of the program should be acknowledged in related presentations and papers.

For additional information and for application submission, please contact: 

Xin Center

In 2014 the elite Chinese University, Tsinghua teamed with Tel Aviv University to launch XIN Center, a joint venture aiming to power innovation via ties between top Chinese and Israeli researchers in the fields of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. XIN (New in Chinese) Center focuses on collaborative, high-impact applied research, promoting over a dozen applied research programs of TAU and THU. A unique mentoring system is applied, whereby leading scientists, industrialists and business figures accompany projects throughout all stages of research, combining internal and external resources from both Israel and China. Emphasis is placed on projects conducted jointly by researchers from both universities. Current examples include: diagnostics and prognosis of cancer and other diseases using the CRISPR system (Dr. Yuval Ebenstein, Prof. Ting Zhu); and small molecules for treating Parkinson’s disease (Prof. Danny Segal & Prof. Yan-Mei Li). Dozens PhD students and researchers from both universities have already participated in exchange visits facilitating research mainly in the field of nanotechnology.

XIN Center also supports Scientific school, seminars as well as research students’ and researchers’ exchange between the Universities.

Contact Yuval Kupitz for updated information and available support (email:


Junior Nanotech Network (JNN): Link

Tel Aviv University makes every effort to respect copyright. If you own copyright to the content contained here and / or the use of such content is in your opinion infringing, Contact us as soon as possible >>
Tel Aviv University, P.O. Box 39040, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel
UI/UX Basch_Interactive