Nanoscale Science and Technology is emerging as a frontier of research and development in natural sciences and engineering
The Tel Aviv University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology is a multidisciplinary research center, committed to advancing society by conducting cutting edge research and developing state of the art technologies, by engaging in close cooperation with TAU research community, industry and society. Established already in 2000, we pioneered Nanotechnology in Israel and since then we are a leading Nanocenter in Israel.
- Enable advanced R&D capability and state-of-the-art technologies of both fabrication and characterization.
- Promote multidisciplinary research activities and expand research infrastructure resources on campus.
- Manage core central equipment facilities.
- Support the recruitment of outstanding researchers.
- Promote international collaborations with leading Universities around the world.
- Launch educational programs for young researchers and for the public.
- Collaborate with the Israeli industry and contribute to the country’s technology evolution.
- Nanoscale Science and Technology are emerging as a frontier of research and development in natural sciences and engineering. This field encompasses the art and wisdom of forming artificial nanometric sized structures with atomic precision, their characterization and utilization for studying new phenomena and for conceiving novel devices and systems unattainable with conventional technologies.
- By its very nature, research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology calls for truly interdisciplinary efforts, exploiting physical, chemical, biological and medical sciences, together with extraordinary engineering expertise. All of these traditional disciplines virtually loose their identity when dealing with nanoscale systems.