Nano materials and thin films for electrochemical energy storage and conversion
Lithium Battery Projects
- High capacity anode materials. Intercalation process of lithium in graphite, Si nano-particles (SiNPs) and Si nano wires (SiNWs) alloys in liquid non-aqueous solutions and polymer electrolytes.
- Supercapacitors, DLC and HDLC.
- Lithium-Sulfur batteries, fundamental understanding of processes and degradation mechanisms.
- Study of mass and charge transport in composite polymer electrolytes and in single ion Li polymer electrolyte conductors.
- Three dimension printed lithium battery.
Fuel Cells projects
- Synthesis and characterization of platinum based nano catalysts for hydrogen oxidation and oxygen reduction in fuel cells applications.
- Development and characterization of a low cost proton conducting membrane (PCM) and composite proton exchange membranes for high temperature applications.
- Development and characterization of nano platinum and ruthenium based alloy catalysts for methanol and ethylene glycol oxidation.
- Study of Oxygen Reduction Reaction (ORR) on Pt electrode and Pt electrode contaminated by Ru.