Electrical enhancement of drug nano-carrier; nanoscale cell membrane dynamics
Interaction of Nanomaterials and Electromagnetic Fields with Cells
Research activity addresses the following lines of research:
- Adsorption and uptake of nanoparticles by cells in relation to drug delivery and toxicity
- Enhancement of uptake by electrical and chemical means
- Treatment of cancer by electrochemical based approach
- Assessment of genetic and epigenetic risks following in-vitro exposure to electromagnetic fields associated with cell phone communication
- Physiological regulation and underlying mechanism of cell membrane-cortical skeleton nanoscale mechanical fluctuations.
Research methods used include routine cell biology and biochemical methodologies with emphasis on special cutting edge light microscopies possessing nanometric resolution such as Digital Holographic Microscopy.